Thursday, January 18, 2007

Martin Luther King journal.

I think the reading we did on the Martin Luther King Jr. Letter fomr Birmingham Jail opens up your eyes and makes us relizes how good we have it these days and how people in general had it back in the day like our parents, grandparents, and people we do not even know. It is important what the letter is saying because it is stating how we should all come together as a race or any other kind of groups and congregations. There were some good passages that made me think about people and how they are treated and how thinking makes people think and brings good new ideas to peoples minds. One of the good points that the letter stated was "Whatever affects one directly affects all imediatly. Never again can we afford to lith with the narrow provicial "outside agitator" idea. Ayone who lives inside the U.S. can never be consideredan outsider anywhere within its bounderies. Another one that made a lot of sense and made me think and really open my eyes to follow this statment is "If I sought to answer all the circumstances that cross my desk, my secretaries would have little time for anything other than such correspondence in the course of the day, and i would have no time for construtive work. But since i feel that you are men of genuine good will and that your criticisms are sinderely set fourth, I want to try to answer your statements in what i hope will be patient and resonable terms." I was taught a lesson through this level, anyone who lives inside the U.S. no matter what race can never be considered an outsider anywhere within it's bounds.

No comments: